Monday, March 7, 2011

Paradise Circus


I almost forgot to write about this on my blog.  It would be such a shame not to write it down, because it was basically one of the best live shows in my entire life. Thus, I gave it the title of my favorite song.
Anyways, last week I had the chance to see the show from a very good seat in Istanbul, and I totally loved it.  The one I got to see was Saltimbanco, it was an eclectic show that included many different circus performances from trapeze to mime at the same time.

The show reminded me of the distinction of dreams and nightmares, and somehow also of a child's dreams and an adult's dreams. Every performer you see is very professional, very successful and every show you see on stage is breath-taking.
I especially loved the percussion with the object of the dancers hitting on the floor, I also loved all the trapezes in the show, which in the performer's every move I got really excited that she will fall.  She literally stayed in the air unattached to anything.
Long story short, it really was a paradise circus.
You can always buy the live DVDs from Amazon, Saltimbanco and many others, discover the world of Cirque du Soleil.
Keep following.


No comments:

Post a Comment